What are you currently focused on in game

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Austok, Jun 30, 2016.

?

What activity are you most focused on right now in game

1. levelling

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. raiding

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. pvp

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. achievements

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. crafting

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. getting gold

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. other

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.

What are you currently focused on in game

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Austok, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Austok

Austok Division Leader

Just a quick poll to see what people are working on. We may be able to combine interests to help one another out. For example, someone who is leveling may be able to pair up with a higher toon working on achievements to run dungeons, etc.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  2. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

This is a great idea. I for one am just re-learning my Guardian Druid (100), trying to gear up so I can help tank hopefully. I had passed the silver challenge before I had quit last time, but I am really rusty. I eventually would like to experience all of the content, this includes going back into some expansions that I missed, or raids I never got to take part in before. Gold is always good as well, as it unlocks the path to having more stuff lol.
  3. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I finally got Draenor Pathfinder and now I think I will focus on getting more achievements, going back and running classic dungeons, and Ashran. Also will farm mats for making the big bags until legion comes out at which point I will sell said bags when there are a ton of people ready to spend a mint on bags. Think it would be fun (easy mode too) to run old dungeons with folks for achievements, mounts, transmit items etc etc etc. That will also help rank up the guild.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  4. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Forgot to mention also working on getting my reputation maxed with various factions
    AndyCapp likes this.
  5. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Did you build that garrison building that gives you 20% increased rep? Most of mine are level1, I have a couple at level2, and my boats are sad lol.
  6. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I started with the trading post that a rep increase but ended up tearing that down and putting up the gladiator building instead because I wanted the PvP bonuses related to my running around Ashran.
  7. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Crap, maybe I should do the same, I don't have that building. When we all finally get on TS and run some stuff I will end up learning a lot of ways I can have a better experience. I haven't been to Ashran yet.
  8. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

I think there's enough activity here to at least try it out. I'm going all out noob though as the one time I tried WoW in the past I didn't really enjoy myself, I'm more of an EQII guy. What level do I need to be to join the clan or can I do that immediately? My plan is to L2P the old fashioned way and smell the roses a bit so I don't expect to contribute much for a long while
    AndyCapp likes this.
  9. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I don't think there is any restriction on level to join
  10. Cadrys

Cadrys Officer

yeah, make a toon, do a /who, throw a request.

newly-found focus: Pet levelling! I found an exploit--the pet quest giver in your garrison will start by giving you a quest for a stone that pops one pet to 25. Then a quest to take out 3 pets in your garrison that are single level 25s. Make pet party of 2 lowbies to level and your new 25. Start with, say, your Elekk Plushie, something "real", then the 25. As long as the first two survive a single round, they level a bunch. Abandon the quest after taking all 3 out. (warning: one of the pets has a root attack that prevents swapping). Retake quest. Lather, rinse, repeat until bored...and have a small group of 25s. Now go farm the pets across Draenor. Bonus : questgiver also does pet heals for free with no CD.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 1, 2016 ---
    Also, is there interest in doing the old raids, etc, for guild achievements? I want to do BWL until the tier 2 pally shoulders drop for transmog. (The first encounter is not soloable. Unsure if the second can be soloed either)
    AndyCapp likes this.
  11. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Yeah, my only high level toons from before were a Death Knight who I barely got out of the tutorial and a Beast Mastery Hunter that was 70 until I used a free upgrade to 80 and then didn't play. I haven't played him since Wrath; I wouldn't have a clue how to play him now. He had ammo in his bag last time I saw him. :)

I"m gonna re-roll a Warrior, spec Fury, and catch up when I catch up. MAYBE I'll transfer the Hunter (and faction change him) and attempt to re-learn him, but it's very hard to to re-learn that much at that level; you either play right or die, or play against low mobs and learn bad habits. I mean he could melee auto-attack with his Agility trinkets (you'd call them "swords") and beat lowbs.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  12. Fell

Not sure what I should play - any advice? I think I'm in the mood for either a lay waste massive aoe dps type, or perhaps a dual heal/dps class - like the Fury in EQII (lay hots then DPS before refresh off healer type)
  13. Cadrys

Cadrys Officer

Fell, that second sure sounds like a Druid. First *was* Mage but I'm having a little trouble getting mine to work the way it should.

Note that on the page once you start doing talents and specializations is a short list of "talents you should use and when" that makes a good start to "how to play my class now". They've really simplified a lot since the early days.
  14. Fell

EQII had two types of druids, wardens that were strong heal, low dps - natural magic types and Furies were weaker heals but force of nature type druids. I loved the Fury so maybe i'll try a druid. I'll probably download sometime this afternoon and start getting set up after my show tonight or tomorrow night.

Are you saying Mages don't AoE the way I might be thinking? or they're difficult to optimize?
  15. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

I def want to do the old raids. Many are solo able but will be more fun with friends - just keep in mind we may want to run some multiple times to make sure everyone gets the key drops they want when they are random drops. Maybe we focus on the ones that are not solo able due to mechanics.
    AndyCapp and syberghost like this.
  16. Cadrys

Cadrys Officer

Of the Vanilla raids, MC and AQ are very soloable.
  17. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

I used to solo MC even during Wrath. It was a good way to make money in the AH.
    AndyCapp likes this.
  18. Fell

solo raids...sounds like a waste of good IP, why not scale them up based on level. (rhetorical question, I know why...)
  19. Allomein

Allomein AoA Emeritus

Even if solo able, worth doing in a group of three guildmates for the 'guild group' achievement for the guild. I am not sure if we get the achievement with less than three people.
    AndyCapp and Cadrys like this.
  20. AndyCapp

AndyCapp Veteran Member

Well, I started to "focus" more on the flying and this is going to be more of a pain than I thought, especially the Rep grind. If anybody wants to join forces and you see me online let me know. I found some of the LFG features had some folks grinding rep for saberstalkers and I joined them last night and got 20% knocked out, so it can be done lol.