WildStar Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Nov 20, 2011.

WildStar Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syberghost, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Gahd

Gahd Member

Here's the video I watched way back when, so note it's from 2011. It's a full play through of the entire first area with the explorer path, including the ending instance and boss fight. I'm not sure at this point what has changed or not in the game from what I saw in this as it has been 2 years, but most my knowledge of this game originally came from this. At this point, the engine has been under the knife for 8 years though.

If you have any curiosity about the game you should watch this video which is very in depth on everything. Echo, you'll see detailed examples of how the combat works, so hopefully that explains it better then the dick at PAX. I fully understand he was busy on a show floor, but that's not how you make new fans.

While I advise watching the entire video straight to fully understand what they did, the information I spoke of earlier can be first hinted at starting at 10:06 to 11:00. Explorer jumping example starts at 14:25 to 15:03 as well as 22:55 to 23:50 and 28:38 to 29:47. The ship example starts at 25:50 to 27:40.

[video=youtube_share;uiOseZt_dDo]http://youtu.be/uiOseZt_dDo[/video]
  2. ShadowGar

ShadowGar Veteran Member

Gumpty Hump. Anyone signed up for beta and get in? I'm still waiting on emails.
  3. jetuser

jetuser Veteran Member

JYFI to those interested. I talked with some of the directors and I got permission to put in an app on behalf of us so hopefully this should help us get in game.
  4. Yetti

Yetti Officer

Thanks Jet! Keep us posted, I am interested.
  5. Austok

Austok Division Leader

6. Death_Sled

Death_Sled Veteran Member

I am getting actually pretty excited to play this game. Good video here of some game play [video]http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?media/gamesradars-developer-demo.162/[/video]
  7. Austok

Austok Division Leader

Not a bad gameplay video actually. Would have been nice to see a little more but there is plenty of time for that.
  8. jeverian

jeverian Veteran Member

I want to play this too. Preordering tomorrow. NDA is done so lots of videos out there.
  9. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

10. jeverian

jeverian Veteran Member

11. Austok

Austok Division Leader

I've played about 4 hours of the beta so I really don't know what to think of the game. It seems to have some interesting game play features but not certain how well received it will be. Anything with NCSoft makes me leary to participate for some reason.
    syberghost likes this.
  12. Circe

Circe Officer

Trying to use my beta key for this weekend to try it out, but none of the NCSUCK site won't let me get past "identity update". I've Aion & GW accounts since 2009. I figured I might get something except an auto-reply in after 6 hours on a Tuesday but...sorry, feeling bitchy about it. I've been having fun withdrawals.
  13. jeverian

jeverian Veteran Member

My account had been "permanently locked" but I created a new one, sent a support ticket in with some past keys I had registered on the account and they unlocked it the next day.
  14. Circe

Circe Officer

I'll work on that for if I decide to play. I'd tried using my gmail but that didn't work so I made a mail.com account, used that, and Voila! it worked! So so so stupid. I had already been in my Aion account since their "update" but never received anything saying (in email or while trying to get into my old ones) saying I was perma locked - just literally "try again later" or "there was an error try again". Whu?? Stupid. Okay, downloading! :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 19, 2014 ---
    Hmm...it said I didn't meet the RAM requirements but according to what's published I do. /sigh Can't afford a new rig. Crossing fingers.

EDIT: Well, customer service is talking to me for the larger issue - but figured out that my machine's problem is being 32-bit. So it can only use 3GB of the 4GB it sports - I can't believe I never needed to learn this in the past 5 years. Ugh, 5 years. Definitely new machine time.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  15. syberghost

16. JonSolo

JonSolo Officer

Hey all! I pre-ordered this morning and am currently downloading the game. Is there an AoA presence in this game? If so what server are folks on? Heh, haven't gotten in yet, not sure if it's one big game world or broken into shards, I'm just assuming there are multiple worlds...
  17. jeverian

jeverian Veteran Member

Played the first 7 levels on the weekend and tried a bunch of classes. Really like the art style and animations. Combat was fun. I skipped to some later zones and the difficulty certainly ramps up fast after level 10.

Cancelled ESO pre-orders totally. Diablo Expansion will keep me occupied until Wildstar, Wildstar until Warlords, so I should be set until next year for ememoharrpeegeeeing.

I don't think AoA has a presence in the game, there hasn't been polls or a lot of hype here for the game, which is a bit of a shame, but oh well! My WoW friends will be trying Wildstar out so I'll play with them.

On release, I'll post my in game name here if anyone wants to play wildstar with me. If we get enough we can start a guild in game! WooHoo!
  18. Ballzz

Ballzz Veteran Member

Played in the beta this weekend. I normally don't like when people say "WoW clone" when describing new MMOs but if any MMO deserves that moniker it's Wildstar. The whole world looks like Moonglade from WoW. I'm not surprised your WoW friends will be moving to Wildstar as it seems like a logical transition. It seems like a solid game and I might play it if ESO wasn't coming out but I'm not a huge fan of the kiddie cartoon graphics and florescent color palette. I found it hard to even see the quest markers over NPC heads because there was so much color everywhere they didn't even stand out. The game also doesn't seem to do much of anything new (tho what it does it seems to do fairly well). Standard linear leveling with quest hubs of mostly forgettable quests (fetch and kill quests abound). I think the game will do well but I had my fill of WoW already so I will be passing on this one. On the plus side I am happy that the WoW players will likely be gravitating to WS instead of ESO. ;)
    Blaise likes this.
  19. syberghost

It's NCSoft, so if it doesn't supplant one of their top five games, it'll get shut down, whether it's profitable or not.
  20. syberghost