World War 3: Battlefield fans prepare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HittingSmoke, May 30, 2018.

World War 3: Battlefield fans prepare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HittingSmoke, May 30, 2018.

1. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke AoA Emeritus

As a huge fan of the Battlefield series who has been severely disappointed since Battlefield 3, this is the first FPS to really capture my interest since Planetside 2.

http://www.thefarm51.com/eng/projekt/world-war-3-2/

WW3 is a large-scale Battlefield-style FPS focused on realism. Check out the announcement trailer:

I think what gets me so excited about this is it's fresh blood. It's a company I've never heard of out of Poland who seem to have a few decent games under their belt. Everything new that isn't Battle Royale these days seems to be Battlefield, Rainbow Six, or Counter Strike. All series that have run their course by being milked to death.

I'm going to be buying this at launch on the condition it doesn't monumentally bomb somehow.
    Fell and Rhyus like this.
  2. Rhyus

Rhyus Veteran Member

In the beginning of the video, someone is shooting an RPG at what looked like a modern tank (angled turret). If that is a modern tank, the best an RPG could do against it is take out the tracks. Even the US's AT4 is only capable of doing that as well. Unless you can hit and penetrate into the gas tank. But, RPGs and AT4s aren't designed to penetrate. They both do an area affect explosion when set off. That is where the next level of man-portable anti-tank missiles come in. The Dragon and the TOW II are the ones that are designed for that. The Dragon, if memory serves me right, is designed to fly over top of the turret and explode downwards, piercing the top armor of the turret, which is usually one of the thinnest on a tank. The TOW II is usually an armor/reactive armor piercing missile that funnels its explosion directed forward.

But, since this is a game and they aren't going to go into all the real world mechanics, the weapons will do what they want them to do, and that is remove hit points. So, they will probably allow an assault rifle to take hit points off of a tank as well.
  3. Fell

Fell Guild Admin Staff Member

That entire video looks like central Moscow, definitely St Basil’s, tomb of Lenin and the kremlin. Had a bit of a homefront and the division feel to me, with higher tech gear anyway. Looks great could be one to keep watch over the development. I’m tired of call of duty.
  4. syberghost

syberghost Guild Admin Staff Member

Real world weapons aren't designed to be a fun game, they're designed to make the wealthier country invulnerable to the less-wealthy country.

People play games to have fun.